Saturday, November 10, 2007

McDonalds budget gets you McDonalds food.

Every now and then I encounter a client looking for a deal. These people will try to negotiate our set rate for services. When you go to the doctor, gym, or lawyer, do you negotiate the rates? I would assume not.
A set rate is a set rate. Yes there are trunk-slammers out there who will give bargain rates for their back-breaking labor. I am not one of them.
I pay my taxes, insurance, bonding and take care of all the other overhead involved with running a small business. I am honest, dependable and a hard worker. I do a lot of research on the materials and products in my client's homes to avoid the damage I have seen other companies do to homes. An untrained "housekeeper" can enter with whatever they feel is fit and do irreparable damage in a matter of minutes. And they don't have insurance to pay for their error. That is why I charge what I do. My rates are lower than most of the other cleaning companies here in Frederick so it amazes me when people try to negotiate for something even lower.

If you go out to eat on a McDonald's budget you will get McDonald's quality food.
Same concept is easily applied to house cleaning. You get what you pay for and I strongly urge everyone out there not to seek the bottom of the barrel prices. Your home and possessions are valuable and you shouldn't take the risk of letting in a novice just to save a few dollars.
Just my opinion and a little bit of a vent.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent stuff with wonderful information!I'm new here and loving the post!Thanks for sharing this great info!appliance repair vancouverThis is great information. I appreciate the sincere appreciation.Great tips! Great organization and ideas. Thanks!