Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bye Bye Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Cleaner!

Have you purchased one of those fancy scrubbing bubbles "automatic" shower cleaners?
I have to admit when they came out I was just dying to get one myself. Now quite some time later; and having seen the effects of the chemicals on the average shower, I highly recommend ditching this gadget.
From what I have seen this product only leaves a filmy build up on the walls. This build up seems to be much tougher to remove than your average soap scum.
So my personal solution.... refill it with an eviromentally friendly, non-toxic solution. My favorite; mix vinegar with water and add some tea tree oil. Personally, I like 1:1 vinegar water ratio. For someone who can't handle the smell of the vinegar; I'm sure more water would work fine as well. The vinegar and tee tree oil will both prevent the nightmarish build up of mildew and disinfect. And this solution will not leave a filmy white build up like th1e intended refill. For instructions how to refill the container check out this site . OR an easier way.... pop a hole in the top and just pour in the mixture. Use a wine cork to close afterwards. Though I imagine this way there would be a little mildew on the cork.

No comments: